PDA

View Full Version : problem with shift + drag Extruding

mehdiwade
06-08-2011, 02:20 PM
hi there...
i wanna use shift + drag to extrude an edge but it doesn't work!
first i select the edge, then i hold shift, as soon as i wanna pick gizmos and drag them they disappear
after a long time using 3ds max that's the first time i face this problem.
plz help as fast as U can i'm in hurry.
tnx everyone
:banghead:

u_k77
06-10-2011, 03:10 PM
Just check if you have the edge constraint on... make sure its turned off...

Repvez
06-13-2011, 09:21 AM
I have a problem too. Why I can't use the shift+drag funkcion if the body is closed and I would like the one edge pulling?
Or weld on one plane edge one another closed body egde?
I tried from the plane extrude the closed body , but result was not good.
Any chance , that this could to be do it?

http://iaro.3dmax.hu/images/2011/06/12/szelvedo.jpg
This is the ploblem part.
The canopy frame is closed body and the canopy glass is a plane. I would like this two weld together.

cgsena
06-16-2011, 06:59 PM
HI,

Please delete the face or the polygon before you shift+Drag the edge . Look Actually Shift+drag in Max is not "extrude" its Duplicate and somehow it duplicate the edge "with" the face (don't understand the architecture). So if that perticuler edge is not "open" it will not duplicate.

Hope it work..

Regards,
Priyankar

www.cakewalkcg.com

mehdiwade
06-17-2011, 06:05 AM
HI,

Please delete the face or the polygon before you shift+Drag the edge . Look Actually Shift+drag in Max is not "extrude" its Duplicate and somehow it duplicate the edge "with" the face (don't understand the architecture). So if that perticuler edge is not "open" it will not duplicate.

Hope it work..

Regards,
Priyankar

www.cakewalkcg.com

yeah u'r right tnx!
:applause:

CGTalk Moderation
06-17-2011, 06:05 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.