PDA

View Full Version : Weight Painting Enclosed Geometry

shotgunfox
06-07-2011, 09:40 PM
I'm hoping there's an easy way to do this, but I've never come across the problem before.

I have a character with multi-layered eyes (eyeball + lid with texture transparency), and when weight painting, the eyelid geometry is opaque and obscures everything underneath. The eye below is completely encased, and the entire character is one object. How do I get under the top layer of geo to fix the weights of the eye?

Thanks for any help!

MattRennie
06-08-2011, 01:51 PM
Which software are you using?

shotgunfox
06-14-2011, 11:53 PM
Wow, good point. I'm using Maya 2011, sorry.

I got around the problem with extreme deformation poses, when the inner eye pokes through the outer layer. I still haven't figured out a proper or exact way though. Is there some awesome way to look at the actual data for the weights on each vertex? I would love to be able to edit them manually.

nuternativ
06-15-2011, 02:04 AM
Is there some awesome way to look at the actual data for the weights on each vertex? I would love to be able to edit them manually.

Select verticies, go to component editor and choose smooth skin tab.

shotgunfox
06-15-2011, 05:59 PM
Perfect, that's exactly what I wanted. Thank you!

CGTalk Moderation
06-15-2011, 05:59 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.