PDA

View Full Version : add button to toolbar on startup?

JokerMartini
06-06-2011, 04:36 PM
Is there a way to add a button to the toolbar near the render icons on start up?

Whether its by somehow creating a custom toolbar and docking it but all on startup??

Pjanssen
06-06-2011, 05:42 PM
It definitely isn't straightforward to do it; maxscript doesn't expose an interface to the toolbars. I've written a .NET class to do it though, as a part of the ScriptCenter project.
It's an open-source project (GPL), so you can check it out here: http://code.google.com/p/scriptcenter/source/browse/trunk/ScriptCenter/ScriptCenter/Max/CuiFile.cs
If you want to know how it's used, browse the source to the unittests.

JokerMartini
06-06-2011, 06:10 PM
Thanks Pjanssen for sharing this. I'll check it out and let you know how it works out. It seems like such a simple task to do, but in reality it is not so easy.

Pjanssen
06-06-2011, 06:22 PM
I should add that at this point that class isn't very thoroughly tested in 3dsmax yet. So make sure you make a backup of your cui file (the class does this as well, but do it manually to make sure).
And let me know how it works out :)

blented
06-06-2011, 06:44 PM
Thanks Pjanssen, was looking for this as well. I'll let you know how it goes :)

othoap
06-08-2011, 11:51 PM
Outliner lets you choose dock at startup

CGTalk Moderation
06-08-2011, 11:51 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.