PDA

View Full Version : E3 2011 - Microsoft Xbox Thread

SheepFactory
06-06-2011, 03:26 PM
Please post all Xbox game news in this thread during E3.

SheepFactory
06-06-2011, 03:29 PM
Microsoft conference starts in about 30 minutes and can be live streamed here:

http://e3.gamespot.com/press-conference/microsoft-e3/

or

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/Community/E3

Venkman
06-06-2011, 03:38 PM
If anyone wants to avoid big MS spoilers, don't visit kotaku before the show! There are some doozies on there. :)

SheepFactory
06-06-2011, 04:32 PM
here we go!

SheepFactory
06-06-2011, 05:37 PM
http://i.imgur.com/K5dOL.png

FIST BUMP!

Venkman
06-06-2011, 05:54 PM
Star Wars Kinect looked pretty cool. My nephew is going to LOVE that sesame street game.

SheepFactory
06-06-2011, 06:00 PM
This was the worst conference ever. I want my wasted time back.

http://i.imgur.com/WhRoZ.gif

ChukChuk
06-06-2011, 06:08 PM
There was one problem with that conference. I'm not 8 years old.

grantmoore3d
06-06-2011, 06:26 PM
So let's see if I can recap the conference...

A bunch of shooters
Kinnect being jammed into everything despite most gamers not really wanting to use it
Voice activation (read: un-necessary voice commands)
A few interesting things for young children
Halo 4

grantmoore3d
06-06-2011, 08:30 PM
However I missed one important thing, using the Kinnect to scan in objects into the game was pretty interesting. Would love to see someone port that for the PC and make a cheap 3D scanner.

BigJay
06-06-2011, 09:46 PM
However I missed one important thing, using the Kinnect to scan in objects into the game was pretty interesting. Would love to see someone port that for the PC and make a cheap 3D scanner.

companies already using it for motion capture... give them another few weeks and it will be making you eggs for breakfast

DuttyFoot
06-07-2011, 01:11 AM
This was the worst conference ever. I want my wasted time back.

lol, i figured you would say that. i remember the gif you put up when they introduced kinect last year, LOL

that goofy image you put up is hilarious, LOL

heavyness
06-07-2011, 05:53 AM

Thanks, the studio I'm working at (Good Science) made the front-end and the apps for Kinect Fun Labs. Lots more cool tech/apps coming down the pipe.

Last I count, there was more core games the kid games...

Forza 4
Halo 4
Halo 1 Anniversary
Minecraft (exclusive)
Mass Effect 3 w/ Kinect voice support
Star Wars Kinect
Ghost Recon w/ Kinect support
Ryse
Fable: The Journey
XBLA titles Toy Soldiers: Cold War, Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet, Fruit Ninja Kinect, Bastion, From Dust, and Trials Evolution.

Kinect Fun Labs
Dance Central 2
Kinect Sports Season 2
Kinect Disneyland Adventures
Seasame Street: Once Upon a Monster (Double Fine)
...add in LiveTV/DVR capabilities, UFC with tons of cool features, Bing voice search in the new dashboard and it was a good conference. Sure, the only surprise was Halo 4, but I think everyone expected that. Personally, I'm exciting to start playing games with Kinect and a controller... you have to experience it first hand.

Where I grabbed all the info...
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=28317521&postcount=1

Geta-Ve
06-07-2011, 08:55 AM
... I thought that the Halo-Mobile had left the building. Ol' beast can only produce so much milk...

JML
06-07-2011, 02:23 PM
The conference looked pretty good, lot of cool games coming up.

but the kinect ghost recon demo.. shooting by opening your hand ? ouch..
that really shows kinect can't do shooting games.
I don't know why they can't do a small controller with just a trigger.
the movement can still come from kinect but the shooting comes from the controller's trigger..

melee games like starwars and Ryse might be good though.

DuttyFoot
06-07-2011, 03:28 PM
but the kinect ghost recon demo.. shooting by opening your hand ? ouch..
that really shows kinect can't do shooting games.
I don't know why they can't do a small controller with just a trigger.
the movement can still come from kinect but the shooting comes from the controller's trigger..

i didn't like that in the demo either, just give us some kind of gun type controller. i felt the same way when i saw the socom demo using the sony move controller last year.

heavyness
06-07-2011, 07:23 PM
i didn't like that in the demo either, just give us some kind of gun type controller. i felt the same way when i saw the socom demo using the sony move controller last year.

I think the new Ghost Recon is "Better with Kinect" meaning you can play either with Kinect or a controller. So use Kinect for gunsmith and voice and to test the gun but use a controller to play the game.

beestee
06-08-2011, 01:06 PM
... I thought that the Halo-Mobile had left the building. Ol' beast can only produce so much milk...

Probably should have by the looks of it. Halo 1 Anniversary looks cool, esp. since you can switch back and forth between the new and old graphics on the fly...but Halo 4, I don't know. That series has relied on a lot of creative facets that left Microsoft to stay with Bungie. I don't doubt that the story will continue just fine, but the experience of the game itself I fear for.

One of my friends had a nice summary for the trailer:

"Am I watching Space Naruto?"

Not to knock the quality of the trailer, it was some great rendering and animation whoever did it, but it just didn't fit the typical weight and power associated with the now iconic Master Chief.

CGTalk Moderation
06-08-2011, 01:06 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.