PDA

View Full Version : Copying multiple keys freaks out

mccollom73
06-06-2011, 01:22 AM
Hey everyone,

When I key more than one controller, and the try and copy those keys to a different keyframe. It's not the same position.

Why would this be? Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Josh

TravisRamsdale
06-06-2011, 01:36 PM
Hey Josh

You really need to tell us what software you're using but as a start just go to your curve editor and you'll probably find different options for copying and pasting keyframes.

Trav

mccollom73
06-06-2011, 02:39 PM
I'm sorry, I'm using maya. Thank you.

A little more on it:
If I select all of the controllers, and set a keyframe at 1, rotate all of them at 10, at set a key there, then copy frame 1 to 20, everything copies over but the foot controls and the hip.

I set up my foot controls group base, I dont know if that matters.

Also, I made a nurbs circle, and it's at 0,0,0, and made it as clean as possible, did the same thing above (the nurbs circle had no constraints, nothing) and the nurbs circle wouldn't copy over in bulk. You can do it one at a time, but that's a pain.

cgsatya
06-06-2011, 07:21 PM
Hey everyone,

When I key more than one controller, and the try and copy those keys to a different keyframe. It's not the same position.

Why would this be? Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Josh

Check whether all the attributes of the ctrl /ctrls are keyed or not. And then copy and paste the keys.

CGTalk Moderation
06-06-2011, 07:21 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.