PDA

View Full Version : Middle Mouse Scrolling and Timeline Scrolling

pritishd
06-05-2011, 11:33 PM
Is there someway to remap the scrolling of the middle mouse, so that you can scrub the timeline rather than zooming in the viewport?

f3rry
06-07-2011, 06:04 AM
Turn off the function,

download and install autohotkey (free)
download, extract and run(double click) this script (attached)

pritishd
06-07-2011, 08:50 AM
Turn off the function,

download and install autohotkey (free)
download, extract and run(double click) this script (attached)

Awesome.....This works.....but how do you solve the sound issue, cause I got the timeline scrubbing working but to hear the sound I still have to do the old way.

Thanks for introducing me to this program, I am sure our TDs would find other use for this program

ftaswin
06-07-2011, 02:17 PM
oops wrong thread

f3rry
06-07-2011, 02:29 PM
if you really want the sound with scrubbing I suggest u use the "k" + mmb hotkey to scrub.
That script only "force" the mouse scroll to fire the next frame/previous frame command.

BTW holding shift + scroll will go to the next/previous key with that script I sent.

You can pretty much totally customize the combo by tweaking that script. i'm sure someone can do it better/more efficient. That is just something I wrap quickly after reading your post

pritishd
06-07-2011, 08:58 PM
if you really want the sound with scrubbing I suggest u use the "k" + mmb hotkey to scrub.
That script only "force" the mouse scroll to fire the next frame/previous frame command.

BTW holding shift + scroll will go to the next/previous key with that script I sent.

You can pretty much totally customize the combo by tweaking that script. i'm sure someone can do it better/more efficient. That is just something I wrap quickly after reading your post

Thanks a lot for that. This would fit perfectly for now. Finally the scroll button can be of use to the animators

CGTalk Moderation
06-07-2011, 08:58 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.