PDA

View Full Version : Using parts of a texture on a pflow system

Diffus3d
06-04-2011, 11:04 PM
Hello all,

I've been messing with max trying to pull off some things I've been doing with proprietary particle systems, and I've run into a snag. (It's purely academic, this isn't for a deliverable.)

I have a white texture with an alpha channel as posted below. I want my particles to spawn using one of the quadrants of this texture at random, making multiple looks out of one system. Example would be using 0,0 to .5,.5 on the uv space for one particle, .5,.5 to 1,1 on another, etc etc.

I've been messing with the object mapping node but no luck thus far. How can I pull off this effect with pflow?

Do I need to instead make 4 graphics and use a multisub? I'd rather not but I'll do whatever it takes.

Thanks for looking in and for your help.
Vox

Diffus3d
06-04-2011, 11:22 PM
I got this working with multi subs.... I just used the crop function for each one to include a different quadrant of the map. Then used randomization on the particle spawn.

That'll be fine. thanks!

CGTalk Moderation
06-04-2011, 11:23 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.