PDA

View Full Version : Mirror object with animation

Tetraphobia
06-04-2011, 10:16 PM
Hi.
First of all, I've found similar threads about it but most of them weren't useful.
I got an object linked to another object linked to a third object. The third object isn't animated at all but the first and second objects have a few rotation key frames. My problem is that I cannot seem to mirror the animation the way I want to. The mirror tools allows me to clone and mirror the objects but the movements are still the same, so if my first object is moving clockwise, it's mirrored version is too. Is there any way to clone and mirror animation, I really don't understand why it doesn't work. Oh and please, don't say anything about using bones, a biped or anything like that, it really shouldn't be impossible to just mirror some simple animated objects.

Thanks. :)

Oh, I've read that a simple script should do the trick but all the links I found were dead.

CGTalk Moderation
06-04-2011, 10:16 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.