PDA

View Full Version : Probably an easy one

leejamesclark
10-27-2003, 01:33 PM
hi

i'm not a very good programmer...more of an artist and was wondering if anyone out there had a scrpit that did the following:

save a file adding a number which keeps adding like the plus button in max....for example:

c/my documents/my file_01.mb would become
c/my documents/my file_02.mb etc

which could then be assigned to a button

thanks

:thumbsup:

dwalden74
10-27-2003, 06:45 PM
You donīt need a script to do that. Just go into your "save" options and turn on "Incremental Save". This is really handy.

brubin
11-03-2003, 05:23 PM
yup,

there used to be "just" a script that someone wrote for that;
we used it a lot and had to alter the original maya-scripts for that so that it was part of the "file"-menue (next to the regular "save"-cmd). tricky! ;)

but it has happened before and it still happens a lot, that alias picks up on good scripts that users pop out, and then they suck it up and incorporate into the next version as if it always had been there.
;)
s.

Dichotomy
11-04-2003, 12:39 AM
I have a script that does just that (although it does it based on time) I didn't write it but it shouldn't be to hard to add to a button. If the incremental save doesn't work for you, let me know and I'll try to dig it up

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 12:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.