PDA

View Full Version : Fun Walk Cycle

Hannamations
06-03-2011, 02:07 PM
This was a character modled and rigged by a friend, I just animated it. I'm working on it's facial rig now so I can do more animation with it. Enjoy!

http://vimeo.com/24395028

desmondying
06-05-2011, 07:00 PM
Hi Hanna
It looking nice. I can feel the weight, The head and the arms are overlapping and delaying nicely. Just a few points:

1. Your contacts are on bent knees, try to get them as straight as you can without hyper extension. Its more obvious on the left leg. I know you are trying to preempt the knee pops, but you loose a bit of dynamism of the pose, plus if you have reference, most of us have a (almost) straight leg on contact.

2. your right hand does not seem to have a nice ease in and out at the top of its swing. Take another look at your curves.

3. I would love it if you could animate the overlapping action of the thumbs too. You could bring out the thumb as your hand swings back, it would look better in silhouette. Right now your thumb is always tucked into the hand.

Keep it up, Looking forward to your updated cycle here.

CGTalk Moderation
06-05-2011, 07:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.