PDA

View Full Version : import FBX and submit using 3dsmaxcmd.exe

absuk
06-02-2011, 04:42 PM
hello all,

i have a small script that imports an FBX file then renders it using 3dsmaxcmd.exe -submit, the thing is when i use 3dsmaxcmd and place -preRenderScript:"myscript.ms"

the importing of the fbx file dose not work, do i have to put a pause in or do somthing else, am really crap at scripting in general. any direction would be very helpful. all i want it to do is import the fbx file and send it to network renders.

myscript.ms

resetMaxFile (#noPrompt)
importfile "E:\\bstest\\fbxmodel\\model.fbx" #noPrompt using:FBXIMP
quitMAX (#noPrompt)

DOS command

3dsmaxcmd.exe -submit @E:\renderpram.txt -o="E:\render\render.jpg" -preRenderScript:"E:\importfbx.ms" "E:\blank.max"

PiXeL_MoNKeY
06-02-2011, 04:49 PM
I see various problems, like the fact you are resetting and quitting max in your ms code. What happens if you load the prerender script into the render dialog and use Execute Now? Does it work there?

-Eric

absuk
06-02-2011, 05:07 PM
it all works, i mean i had to take off the "quitMAX (#noPrompt)" but yes the file is imported as i want. the file dose go into the netrender, but then complains that the Camer01 is not found,

it seems that the fbx file is not being imported when i run it from the command line, but if i run it from 3dsmax it works ok.

anyideas?

thanks you very much for your help.

PiXeL_MoNKeY
06-02-2011, 05:39 PM
If you submit with a camera, then reset you are deleting the camera which could be your problem. I would recommend importing the file locally and then submitting, not doing it all in the submission process. You are also listing myscript.ms as the code, but calling importFBX.ms. It is hard to diagnose the problem with the inconsistencies of what you are posting.

-Eric

absuk
06-02-2011, 05:50 PM
ops, sorry but importFBX.ms is myscript.ms, i only changed it for this post.

i can import it locally, the thing is, even if importFBX.ms contains only:
importfile "E:\\bstest\\fbxmodel\\model.fbx" #noPrompt using:FBXIMP

the backburner still complains of not finding the Camera01. is there a way to pause the script, and say ok, dont go beyond this point until the fbx file is imported.

cheers Eric

PiXeL_MoNKeY
06-02-2011, 06:50 PM
Run the import from 3dsmax.exe -U MAXScript, save the file, then submit to BB.

-Eric

CGTalk Moderation
06-02-2011, 06:50 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.