PDA

View Full Version : Sessions to suss out.

PaulHellard
06-01-2011, 07:54 AM
Hey,

I'm traveling to Vancouver and wondered if people had already an idea of what they wanted to see at SIGGRAPH 2011.

malducin
06-07-2011, 09:45 PM
Definately, the Rango and ILM Summer 2011 production sessions, the destruction for film course, the open source panel and several talks: fur & feathers, light my fire, mixed grill, directing destruction, crowds and ley there be light.

grumposaur
06-08-2011, 02:30 AM
I am definitely heading to SIGGRAPH since it is so close for me. Since I am still learning and exploring this field, I am not sure what I want to or should check out. I'll be like a kid in a candy store not knowing to eat the candy or celophane!!! :D

JCork
06-21-2011, 05:08 AM
I'm hoping to see some of the behind the scenes talks of the new movies that came out this year such as maybe How to Train Your Dragon. That would be sweet. Was a big fan of that!

Honestly, though, I usually figure all that out the first day of the conference once I get my hands on one of them fancy locators.

frobles_83
06-21-2011, 09:02 AM
I'm hoping to see some of the behind the scenes talks of the new movies that came out this year such as maybe How to Train Your Dragon. That would be sweet. Was a big fan of that!

Honestly, though, I usually figure all that out the first day of the conference once I get my hands on one of them fancy locators.

Sorry How To Train Your Dragon was last year. There were some talks at the Intel booth, and a Special Screening in some theatre.

What I really recomend is the Iphone app, it was really helpfull.

JCork
06-21-2011, 02:23 PM
Ahh! I must have been too busy working to see anything about that last year. Dang...

RobertoOrtiz
07-13-2011, 09:51 PM
Well I will be giving a talk this year..
You are more than welcome to take a nap during it...
:)

-R

PaulHellard
07-14-2011, 06:31 AM
details, .... details......? :thumbsup:

-R

malducin
07-14-2011, 05:47 PM
-R

Standing on a chair and ranting at the CGTalk meetup doesn't count! ;-)

Yeah, I'm with Paul, details!

RobertoOrtiz
07-15-2011, 04:53 PM
Ok guys, since you asked.

From the program:

International Resources Events
Computer Graphics in the Washington DC Area
International Center, Harbour Concourse

A brief talk about the Washington-area computer graphics market, and some of the activities carried out by the Washington DC ACM SIGGRAPH Chapter, showcasing a reel of work by our members at NASA and the National Transportation Safety Board.

Roberto Ortiz
http://www.siggraph.org/s2011/for_attendees/schedule?page=4&order=field_event_type_value&sort=asc

Joy.

-R

aglick
07-28-2011, 11:24 PM
The OpenCL Birds-of-a-feather session on Wednesday should be interesting. I'll be there.

McWolfe
08-01-2011, 11:34 AM
I hope I'm not taking this a bit to far OT (in that case I'll make another thread), but this is my first trip to SIGGRAPH. When I've been to other similar conventions (like Annecy), you have to book/register for the different sessions (at least the interesting ones). While looking at the Siggraph website, I couldn't find anything about that. Have I missed something, or is it just a matter of showing up in good time? (I've got a full conference pass)

/McWolfe

malducin
08-01-2011, 12:33 PM
I hope I'm not taking this a bit to far OT (in that case I'll make another thread), but this is my first trip to SIGGRAPH. When I've been to other similar conventions (like Annecy), you have to book/register for the different sessions (at least the interesting ones). While looking at the Siggraph website, I couldn't find anything about that. Have I missed something, or is it just a matter of showing up in good time? (I've got a full conference pass)
/McWolfe

Yeah just a matter of getting there on time. First come, first served, to get a good seat.

sciics
08-03-2011, 08:41 AM
Do they still give out the Siggraph Encore DVD? that case you could just attend the key notes and the Hollywood presentations. i am having a hard time cancelling out session that overlap the other awesome ones.

CGTalk Moderation
08-03-2011, 08:41 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.