PDA

View Full Version : E3 2011 :: Who's going, what's happening?

PaulHellard
06-01-2011, 07:11 AM
Hey,

CGSociety will be at the E3 Show in Los Angeles June 7 to 9. Follow along and throw in your wishlist for what to cover right here. We can't be everywhere though, so be gentle with us.

See you out on the floor.

ScottTalbot
06-05-2011, 02:42 AM
I'm in Los Angeles but I didn't get my act together to get a pass from someone. I wish I could go since I'm right here but I guess there is always next year. :)

Mike3188
06-06-2011, 05:46 AM
Bf3!!! Looks so good.

Mrguy
06-06-2011, 11:11 AM
Bf3!!! Looks so good.

Heck yeah, the new tech with their frostbite engine looks amazing!

Joevans
06-06-2011, 02:42 PM
IGN has a list of what's going on this week. Arguably, today is going to be the best day because of the press conferences.

http://games.ign.com/articles/117/1172302p1.html

DataDay
06-06-2011, 03:57 PM
I'm in Los Angeles but I didn't get my act together to get a pass from someone. I wish I could go since I'm right here but I guess there is always next year. :)

I'm pretty much in the same boat. Last year was great though...not going this year will at least make my feet happy.

What we should expect is some news on two fronts... 3D gaming (with the new slew of cheaper 3dtvs on the market and ramped up production of 3d content, it is inevitable) and the next generation of hardware (NGP, Wii 2?, Possible hints toward new peripherals and or devices to increase interconnectivity).

And then the typical coverage of the usual games, most of which are not really interesting from my perspective, but I am sure others will be interested in multitude of titles. (I'm a PC gamer mostly so, we get very little in terms of E3 game coverage as the years progress...sadly).

nmcelmury
06-06-2011, 05:26 PM
Bummed out I can't make it this year (though I will be on vacation so I can't complain too much :) ) I stopped by the convention center yesterday and took a quick look around, looks like it's going to be fun.
I'm excited to see what's been going on from Naughty Dog and Uncharted 3. I've been seeing bits here and there online and hearing about it from friends working on it and it sounds awesome.
Also interested to see what's going on at Microsoft with FORZA 4 and Halo 4.

Hope everyone has a great time!

ichavarrom
07-08-2011, 12:06 AM
I liked the new consoles, developers in general now think use good graphics for the games.

CGTalk Moderation
07-08-2011, 12:06 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.