PDA

View Full Version : head tracking, swiming uvs problem.

barbapapa
05-29-2011, 11:50 AM
Hi guys. Right now im making a shot with live action where i need to deform the head of the actor to give a feeling of something going wrong with him progresively. He is tilting and rotating his head a lot, so i cant get away with 2d tracking and warps in post. So the way i aproached it is to object track his head to get the rotations, and camera project the sequence on the geo. But now im facing the problem of having the camera projection been live over the geometry and of course it swims if i try to deform it, and if i freeze it, of course the trick wont work. So the question is, is there a way to get around this with construction modes? or is there anything like exporting an UV sequence so that i would have the projection "baked" and i can deform the geometry as i want with my uvs matching the shot per frame?

barbapapa
05-29-2011, 01:52 PM
here is the answer provided by Ciaran in XSIbase, just in case annyone needs it.

"Hi,
if you open the explorer and examine the geometry, you'll find CameraTxt operator under the texture projection property. You should be able to drag and drop that operator into different construction regions before your deformer op. The location won't update, but you should see the result in the 3D result.

Otherwise, you could do this as a 2 step process. First you do a primary tracking on a mesh that has the camera projection. Then on a duplicate mesh, use an ICE op to copy the PointPositions and UVs from the oroginal mesh. Now perform deformations above that ICE Op."

cheers

CGTalk Moderation
05-29-2011, 01:52 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.