PDA

View Full Version : Syflex (ICE or regular)

Pancho
05-27-2011, 01:20 AM
Can anybody please point me to a way of how to start the simulation with a relaxed mesh? Usually a shirt for example would be effected in a way that it stretches into gravities direction. This way the cloth gets strechted in the y-direction, destroying the modeled look of the cloth. How do I make it clear to syflex that no additional flexing/stretching will occur due to gravity and that this is the shape I want in general?

Any ideas?

Cheers!

TheRazorsEdge
05-27-2011, 12:27 PM
Have you tried raising the stretch resistance and damp?

Cheers!

Pancho
05-27-2011, 04:10 PM
Not yet, but this doesn't solve the problem as it alters the material. If for instance you want a stretchy material to fit a character, you need to model it in a shrinked way as it'll stretch afterwards to the size you do have in mind. You'll really never know how the cloth is going to look like finally. Trial and error. There should be a way to tell Syflex (or momentum or whatever in SI) that the gravity force is already present in the modeled cloth. So no more stretching, unless there are other forces activ.

Can't imagine that nobody does have this problem except me?!

Thanks for the tip anyway.

pooby
05-27-2011, 04:33 PM
You just have to bear this kind of thing in mind when you make the cloth, and also the way it will sit on the body. You can reset the rest state, but I dont think that is what you are asking.

By the way.. has anyone else tried pinning in ICE syflex? It seems to be totally broken in my experience.

grahamef
05-27-2011, 07:14 PM
There is indeed a bug with pinning in some scenarios and it's being addressed. "Stay tuned," as they say.

However just in case -- because there's also been a few cases of user error -- the "Point Cluster" input of a "Syflex Pin" must be a cluster of the cloth object, not a cluster of another object.

pooby
05-28-2011, 11:45 AM
I'd like to know the scenarios in which it's not broken. I can't find one :)

Great that its being fixed

grahamef
05-30-2011, 07:39 PM

I'm just going by what it says in the bug log :)

xsisupport
05-31-2011, 03:18 PM

Great that its being fixed
It works on simple scenarios like in the SyflexICEPin sample scene, where a grid is pinned to a grid.

I've seen the fixed compound, and it looks like a simple fix (http://wp.me/powV4-W4).

CGTalk Moderation
05-31-2011, 03:18 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.