PDA

View Full Version : Happy Feet 2 trailer

ndeboar
05-26-2011, 11:25 PM
http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/wb/happyfeettwo/ (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIC2q0k7guw&feature=player_embedded)

Mic_Ma
05-27-2011, 12:50 AM
Eeeexcellent effects work if I might say so. Especially the clouds.

XeroWolf
05-27-2011, 12:59 AM
oh joy, more singing penguins

JoshBowman
05-27-2011, 06:28 AM
Got a few friends working on this (Hi Nick n_n) and I'm very happy that they have work on a feature film but this is something I definitely won't ever be watching....ever.

gregjenings
05-27-2011, 08:13 AM
I would say the quality doesn't live upto the first one I was expecting something spectacular even better but unfortunately it doesn't seems so.
Be it the Ice shader ,BG sky , Ice Berg and lighting and if I am not wrong in the beginning the Big Penguin doesn't even seem to have Fur on it.
I know People may find it hard to digest but the first trailer is nowhere near the Animal Logic's work whcih they did some years ago.Most of the comments on you tube also says the same thing.

j00st81
05-27-2011, 01:28 PM
one of the things that stood out to me was that the water had 0 effect on the fluffy fur, tough I can guess its a bit tough to pull off :p

jimmyswang
05-27-2011, 02:38 PM
nice animation!!

Michael5188
05-27-2011, 02:45 PM
My least favorite parts of all the Shrek sequels (read:the parts I despised) were when the cast would sing pop culture songs and rap and dance and try to be funny because it's animals singing about bumping and grinding and isn't it just so clever and funny??? Isn't it???

Ahem, sorry.

So anyways, you can imagine how I feel about this trailer...

(no offense meant to the artists working on it, production wise it looks amazing...I'm just soooo burnt out on this shoving pop songs into animated films as if it's just so cute and clever. Sad thing is people generally eat that stuff up)

chrisrw
05-27-2011, 05:18 PM
While the CG is nice... Wow, that looks like a horrible movie.

Mic_Ma
05-27-2011, 11:32 PM
one of the things that stood out to me was that the water had 0 effect on the fluffy fur, tough I can guess its a bit tough to pull off :p

That's true but my guess is that penguin-coat is hydrophobic. It's practically impossible to wet a bird. Try it.

While that sequence is a bit pop-songy, there is/was another one floating out there if I'm not mistaken, one that's a lot less saccharine.

There are also quite a lot of people who like to say things like "Oh no, not another Scifi film" but those films still do well. Like dolphins -food and friend-, so for penguins: loved by millions of kids, and good for them.

AndyCGS
05-28-2011, 06:07 PM
Completely disagree with what is being said here. The visual fidelity of everything in that trailer is absolutely fine, people are being very very picky IMO. I was surprised that I actually enjoyed the first one, the story was well told up until the live action humans which was a mistake I felt, so I will hold my reservations until I actually see this :)

CHRiTTeR
05-28-2011, 07:48 PM
a bit too 'happy for' me, but im sure it has its audience (kids)

zek
05-29-2011, 06:41 AM
Nice animation

eikonoklastes
05-29-2011, 07:44 AM
My least favorite parts of all the Shrek sequels (read:the parts I despised) were when the cast would sing pop culture songs and rap and dance and try to be funny because it's animals singing about bumping and grinding and isn't it just so clever and funny??? Isn't it???

Ahem, sorry.

So anyways, you can imagine how I feel about this trailer...

(no offense meant to the artists working on it, production wise it looks amazing...I'm just soooo burnt out on this shoving pop songs into animated films as if it's just so cute and clever. Sad thing is people generally eat that stuff up)
Thing is, Happy Feet is a movie where the character's main passion in life is dancing. The songs have a direct relation to the story - the movie makes no bones about it being a musical almost. Heck, the title itself should clue people in that there will be dancing.

I'm not going to watch this, but I see no reason to knock it for having a few dance sequences.

What was sad about Shrek was that it started off as a really clever story with a strong character, whose popularity was then brutally abused to turn it into a generic pile of mediocrity with songs thrown in.

Intars5d
05-29-2011, 12:42 PM
Just wondering when this talking animals machinery will stop itself.

tuna
05-29-2011, 01:46 PM
Oh great more urban dancing penguins. Hard to take this seriously. If you make a musical, don't just mocap the Britney Spears dance crew and shove it onto penguin rigs and use generic pop music. I can get the same experience by turning on VH1 and reading peta.com

Child penguins aggressively dancing at me, hahaha.

rendermaniac
05-29-2011, 11:14 PM
There will always be a market for cute talking animals.

JBoskma
05-30-2011, 01:58 AM
The choice of music in this trailer is mindbogglingly shitty.... Where the first happy feet trailer with Robin Williams got me greatly excited, this has the complete opposite effect. I think this might turn out to be a 'mars needs moms' scenario at the box office. I hope I am wrong for the sake of all people involved with this production, but I personally won't be lining up for this.

fabioteles
05-30-2011, 05:15 AM
Great! Very Great!

BigPixolin
05-30-2011, 04:29 PM

January 14th 2018. :rolleyes:

DaddyMack
05-31-2011, 01:33 AM
I must be sooo juvenile, it gave me goosebumps, the animation tickles me, it's pure unadulterated childish cheese... Love it

Zoober
05-31-2011, 05:00 PM
I didn't think that I would enjoy the first, but it was a blast. Didn't mind the pop songs, it was a musical. This one looks like it will be fun too.

CGIPadawan
06-01-2011, 04:41 AM
Well that looks like "More of the same". Which.. is ... not bad.

Oh and "Wooden plank holding the 'TWO' inexplicably expands in size at 01:07." I'm evaluating Test Renders this week with our guys. So my mind was wired to catch those things. hehehe. :P

fablefox
06-01-2011, 05:24 AM
January 14th 2018. :rolleyes:

what will happen on that date? a dance?

http://www.ndca.org/events/calendar/2018/1/sarasota-star-ball/

i don't mind musicals. and i love rap. but i don't like this. and I loved Enthiran The Robot.

if i went back to my childhood days and show this to my child self, he (I ?) would hate it too. The best film of my childhood is Paperhouse, and the next one is Stand By Me. There is a reason why not a cartoon, but that is a long story by itself.

I only halfway hate trailers that tell everything, but i totally hate trailers that totally tell nothing. and trailers that lie. (remember that lot's of triangle target in Predators? the scene is missing, and there wasn't enough predators in the film to make the scene possible - from what i heard).

so what does this trailer tells me?
a) there is dancing penguins, for whatever reason.
b) there is going to be a lot of slapstick comedy, and i hates slapstick comedy.

CGIPadawan
06-01-2011, 08:41 AM
I only halfway hate trailers that tell everything, but i totally hate trailers that totally tell nothing. and trailers that lie. (remember that lot's of triangle target in Predators? the scene is missing, and there wasn't enough predators in the film to make the scene possible - from what i heard).

I think Robert Rodriguez and Nimrod Antal were trying to explain the infamous "Multiple Predator Targets" shot in the trailer as more about "crystallizing the idea" of the movie rather than literally what's in the movie or some other.

But yeah.. it was misdirection.

I had been considering whether Trailer Misdirection is a valid tool. I'm not sure it's a good idea at the worst of times.

DrBalthar
06-01-2011, 07:17 PM
Hate to say it but this looks actually worse than Cars 2 and I thought that was already close to the bottom of bad 3D movie this year

chrisanimator
06-02-2011, 03:30 PM
More pinguins dancing and moving like humans?
No thanks, it's enough for me with the first part.

MattEveritt
06-03-2011, 01:55 AM
I bet you all a dollar that it out performs Kungfoo Panda 2!

CGTalk Moderation
06-03-2011, 01:55 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.