PDA

View Full Version : CAT rig (Exiting walk cycle)

Littlenorwegians
05-26-2011, 09:14 PM
OK, so I made a fairly good walk-cycle. CAT's a lovely system, but I can't seem to actually BREAK out of the walk cycle. :(

Feel like such a bonehead, but it's really as simple as that.
Basically, at frame 120, I want to regain complete control of the animating rig.

mhdmhd
05-26-2011, 10:00 PM
You should understand the layer system first so you can blend from the cat motion layer to standard animation layer.

Littlenorwegians
05-26-2011, 10:12 PM
I've done that. I've made it so my character walks and flails his arms and head violently, like he's ranting through modification layers and such. Thing is, I want the walk layer to end at a certain point. To make it stop repeating itself. I cannot modify the walking animation, I cannot make it stop.

Of course, this is things I've learned trial and error.
Got any neat free tutorial, I'll watch. Glad to get any help you people give.

Duncs
05-26-2011, 11:44 PM
Sorry if I've misunderstood but it sounds like you just need to add an absolute layer after your walk layers and animate its global strength from 0 - 100 at the point you want the walk to stop.

This new layer will override anything below it bringing your animation to a stop. You can then continue animating on from this point using the new layer. At any point you can bring the layer strength back down to begin the walk animation again.

Hope it helps

Duncs

CGTalk Moderation
05-26-2011, 11:44 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.