PDA

View Full Version : Layer Mask Visibility

Christoff
10-26-2003, 01:39 PM
I am familiar with layer masks in photoshop and how they work. My question is that when i am painting a layer mask, i can not see it in the main viewport, i only see it on the layer toolbar. is there a way to 'flip a switch' and make what i am painting on the layer mask visible just like i was painting it regularly?
thanks for the help

Lates.

halo
10-26-2003, 02:43 PM
yeh, select the layer mask, goto channels, click its visibility on, turn all the other channels off :)

Christoff
10-26-2003, 10:29 PM
thanks halo, its amazing how simple some of this stuff is, but if you dont know where to look its useless! thanks!

Lates.

Kotayus
10-27-2003, 04:29 PM
How about a faster way?

In your layer toolbar left click on the layer mask while holding the ALT key :thumbsup:

Stroker
10-27-2003, 04:33 PM
Using a New Window works when viewing the raw mask and the image.
So, Window > Document > New Window. Then use the alt + click to view the raw mask in one of the windows. Not completely dynamic, but it is handy.

Christoff
10-27-2003, 08:22 PM
That all helps alot guys, i didnt think i would get more than one response on this topic. you guys rock.

Lates.

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 11:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.