PDA

View Full Version : Which Online School To Choose?

creatureanimation
05-24-2011, 05:37 PM
Make sure you check out the student work of the school you are considering. This surely has to be a very important part of your decision making. Good student work means good tutoring.

Find out who your tutor will actually be, some online schools use many tutors, you dont always get the top names that are always associated with the flashy advertising.

How much experience does the tutor actually have? view their personal reel before accepting them as
your personal tutor.

Here are some work samples of students currently undertaking my courses:
Student work at the VFX Creature Animation School (http://animationateam.com/online-3d-creature-animation-school/)

joel96
06-09-2011, 03:11 AM
The ones that I know of include:
The University of Advancing Technology Online
Art Institute Online
Animation Mentor

Buscat
07-03-2011, 05:29 AM
Hi - some good points brought up here. As the CG Workshops Manager, I thought I'd respond to some of these.

If you take one of our online workshops, you ALWAYS get the instructor who is advertised as running the course. Not only that, the instructor has been handpicked by us because he or she is either at the cutting edge of his/her field and working in one of the best studios in the world, or he/she is recognised as one of the best teachers in the world in that area.

You work in a highly supportive online class environment, and you receive ongoing, personal feedback from your instructor - sometimes long after the actual workshop has finished.

If you'd like to see some of our recent students' work, you can in the upcoming edition of 3D Artist magazine, where there will be a feature on our workshops and students.

You can also see the courses we're offering at the moment here: http://beta.workshops.cgsociety.org/courses.php

And if you have any questions at all, I'd love to answer them - please email me kirsty@ballisticmedia.net

CGTalk Moderation
07-03-2011, 05:29 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.