PDA

View Full Version : Out Of Range Type on Emitter.

bjohnston
05-23-2011, 08:17 PM
Hi, I am having trouble with getting a repeating burst of particles using pFlow. I have the "rate" keyed on the birth node, and "speed" and "variation" keyed on the speed node (along icon arrow). I have then created an out of range type controller.

The first burst comes out fine, the second about 90% of the particles are missing and then none emit after that.

Also, the keyed values and the curves look like they are functioning correctly as I have set them.

Thanks for any help.

JohnnyRandom
05-23-2011, 10:00 PM
Are there around 90k particles in the first burst?

if so, your upper system limit needs to be raised.

if not, and this is a guess about your system but your first "rate" keyframe does not have a value of 0. To get accurate rate emission, your first keyframe should be 0.0. You want you lowest target rate value to be the same as what you start with in order to properly figure your burst rate particles. Especially with out of range types. Does that makes sense?

For example if your first rate keyframe is at 100.0, you have already lost the amount of particles that are generated on the second burst from out-of-range start A to out-of-range finish B.

CGTalk Moderation
05-23-2011, 10:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.