PDA

View Full Version : Doubt regarding perspective

halfPintMike
05-23-2011, 07:47 AM
Hello there, I learning to do the "flat diagram" from the Andrew Loomis' Figure drawing book when I was stumped while trying to do the following.

http://i54.tinypic.com/68y43o.jpg

I've no problem drawing the box from 'A' to '4'. That is, the section lying flat on the ground. But trying to getting the propotions for the vertical sections stumps me. For instance how should I get the height for each of the vertical subdivisions? Measurement-wise, they are the same even on the horizontal but how do I draw it in perspective. This leads me to another query: What if the vertical section is slanting? Once again I'm at a loss.

I hope I'm clear in what I'm asking. I found the doubt hard to express with words. And I also hope this is the right forum to ask.

Thanks in advance,

Timothy.

Lunatique
05-25-2011, 06:57 AM
Have you actually gone through the entire book? Also, have you gone through "Successful Drawing" (also by Loomis)? He explains in his books how to create proper proportions in perspective, and I think the best thing for you to do is to first go through his books once, so you have an overview of what the contents are exactly, then you'll know where to find the answers you need.

halfPintMike
05-27-2011, 11:41 AM
Thanks a lot for the reply, Lunatique! I couldn't reply earlier.

Well yes, I've been through all his books before. But not close enough I suppose. I looked into successful drawing and I did find lots of pages on perspective. Will look into them now.

T.

joshbailey
07-30-2011, 07:34 PM
While Loomis books are great. I really learnt a stack from Scott Robertsonīs Perspective DVDs also. The guy is just a gifted teacher :)

halfPintMike
08-01-2011, 07:26 AM
Thanks for this! I'll look into this too.

CGTalk Moderation
08-01-2011, 07:26 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.