PDA

View Full Version : Its All About Modelling The Head

d3v1n
06-06-2002, 12:02 AM
hey guys...lets talk and discuss several methods and ways of modelling human face here.....some advice , some suggestion , or even some tutorials are highly appreciated.
well..first of all......i wanna ask a question...which way is the best part to make a model of human head ,,,,,, with opened mouth or with closed mouth. thanx for the answer..... :wavey:

shocky
06-07-2002, 12:49 AM
How about including some good reference images? :D Can't seem to find side views

fishbone
06-07-2002, 11:46 PM
some of this has already been covered..
http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=9355

browsing the forums here might answer the other questions too..

d3v1n
06-08-2002, 06:48 AM
thanx alot for your info fishbone....now i got a question actually , which i also post on that thread.
i saw some people makin a jwa join in head ..so that u can open and close the mouth..but why they do that if they can use blendshape / morphing???:hmm: thanx alot for all your info guys:)

Scott Guns
06-11-2002, 06:47 PM
People use jaw bones as opposed to morph targets because morph targets work like this: they record where the vertex is at the beginning, then at the 100% mark of the blend. Then, they use distance percentages to determine where to put it, but they do it completely linear. The vertex moves in a straight line.

A real jawbone rotates downward, it doesn't move straight. So, some people opt to create a jawbone for a more realistic moving mouth.

Scott

spakman
06-12-2002, 12:16 AM
Originally posted by Scott Guns
People use jaw bones as opposed to morph targets because morph targets work like this: they record where the vertex is at the beginning, then at the 100% mark of the blend. Then, they use distance percentages to determine where to put it, but they do it completely linear. The vertex moves in a straight line.

A real jawbone rotates downward, it doesn't move straight. So, some people opt to create a jawbone for a more realistic moving mouth.

Scott

Not if you use Mirai. Mirai's blend shapes can record the arc if so desired....

LucentDreams
06-13-2002, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by Scott Guns

Scott

They also tend to put the joint int the wrong spot too:shame:

Scott Guns
06-13-2002, 07:32 PM
Would you mind showing us an example of a correct joint? I am trying to learn better technique in rigging my models.

LucentDreams
06-14-2002, 08:53 AM
I won't show you, but I will tell you how to figure iut out yourself. close your eyes, place your thumb on the back corner of your jaws, and your index finger on the top of the jawbone right infront of the top of the ears. noe opwn your mouth really far and move it from side to side and all around. try and notice how it rotates and slides and such. most people either put it at the position of your thumb, or your index finger, but as you should notice, neither your thumbs or your index fingers are staying put and simply rotating, the are sliding and dropping a bit right. keep studying this, lok at a friend as the chew or open and close their mouth. study study study.

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 08:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.