PDA

View Full Version : PS7 to PS6

Northchild
10-26-2003, 04:05 AM
Hi all,

I have a poster that requires a large sheet of paper rather than standard office sizes. I'm a bit frustrated with the local Kinko's - seems like they won't print Photoshop 7 documents because they don't have it. They say that I have to use Photoshop 6, which I don't own.

I looked under "Save As" and "Export", but there's no Photoshop 6 format option. I tried saving the file in PDF format, but when I test-print the PDF file that I've saved at home, the colors are desaturated compared to the original print from the PSD file.

Any suggestions on what direction(s) that I should be heading toward? Thank you! :)

Ian Jones
10-26-2003, 08:04 AM
Why don't you just take an RGB tiff, targa, bmp, png...? they should be able to print them out. Just make sure they get the printout size right before they actually print it.

pdf will save in cmyk, so naturally the colours will be a bit duller.

I hope that helps.

halo
10-26-2003, 11:34 AM
yes, save as a tiff and this will open in any version of PS.

You could try just giving them the psd, sometimes it will open :)

dans
10-26-2003, 02:24 PM
Just give them the PSD file. PSD files are backward-compatible (PSD files don't even have a real version number).

Daniel

halo
10-26-2003, 02:42 PM
yeh, their backwards compatable, but not all the features they can save from latter versions are

dans
10-26-2003, 02:59 PM
One can still flatten the PSD file if it is used for print only.

Daniel

Kotayus
10-26-2003, 07:01 PM
If it really matters, save as a tiff

Tiff has no compression and if kinkos couldnt print that o_O

PSD is just photoshops format, tiff can be saved in layers...so i would say that its your safest bet.

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 11:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.