PDA

View Full Version : www.Animschool.com Review

agktran3d
05-21-2011, 10:14 PM
Well I was very skeptical on how good and affordable this program was when I first started, watching the promo video they had over and over again really gave me the feeling of a "sales pitch" with nothing to go on but promises like my previous animation course which drained every penny in my bank account. However attending the public webcast really gave me a more deeper appreciation of the school and what they were genuinely trying to accomplish. I think Animschool has a different flavour to every other animation online or onsite university courses.

The course is structured very well with a syllabus to keep things on track, with guidelines that make the learning process feel like industry requirements which a lot of schools don't stress enough nowadays. When Dave (Ceo of animschool) set out to establish this school his passion was to create expressive and believable characters, which I feel he has overly delivered that expectation. The rigs are just simply amazing, super appealing, very expressive, high quality rigs that will just make learning the course and completing the assignment fun and informative.

So we're in our 7th week now and recruitment is just around corner, so far its just an amazing course that potential 2d/3d animation students shouldn't overlook. They also have income-based scholarship availabilities for students around the world that simply can't afford to pay for most of the course.

Torr
05-21-2011, 10:59 PM
What I really want to see is a school show reel.

agktran3d
05-21-2011, 11:04 PM
Of course man, just understand we're only 7 weeks into the school. So you will see something down the track.

Torr
05-23-2011, 05:15 AM
I thought they were now in the school's second semester?

agktran3d
05-23-2011, 11:34 AM
nah we're only in our first semester, we originally had the beta class setup in October - november to test out class sizes and see how the meetings worked. We're in our 7th week, there's going to be upcoming videos to promote our school shortly. Everyone can stay up to date on their new facebook page

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Animschool/174875139232456

DaveGallagher
06-24-2011, 04:15 AM
Hi. Torr asked to see a demo reel. Here it is!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDN1qZPzasw

Thanks! Dave

KrzysztofFus
06-24-2011, 07:43 AM
I did not take Anim School. But I had Brien Hindman as a Modeling instructor when I was at SVA. He was by far the best modeling instructor I ever had. He teaches at AnimSchool and I highly recommend anyone interested in taking the Character Modeling courses to do so.

agktran3d
08-05-2011, 10:05 PM
Hey guys! Please check out students work recently uploaded onto our facebook page!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Animschool/174875139232456

CGTalk Moderation
08-05-2011, 10:05 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.