PDA

View Full Version : find a node

Irakli
05-21-2011, 09:25 PM
Hey guys,
I'm trying to import a maya scene and maya shows this warning message:
# Warning: The node 'translation_control_hyperLayout1' still clashed with a node in the main scene. Renaming to 'translation_control_hyperLayout2'. #
The reason of name clash is that in the scene exists "translation_control_hyperLayout1" and Maya already have a node with the same name.
The problem is that I cant' find this node in the scene(imported) to rename it manualy.

mduvekot
05-21-2011, 11:08 PM
type *hyperLayout* in the quickSelect (select by name). You won't see them in the Outliner or Hyperhgraph by default; their not DAG nodes, and they're considered Auxiliary nodes. The Attribute editor will let you change their names. Too see them in the Outliner, turn off Display > DAG objects only.

Irakli
05-21-2011, 11:24 PM
mduvekot
Thanks, for your reply, but I already did this and in the outliner there is no such node.

EJ
05-21-2011, 11:27 PM
i think to see them in the outliner you have to go to show-> show auxiliary nodes

ginodauri
05-22-2011, 05:50 AM
Why not do "select translation_control_hyperLayout1;" and it will probably show in AE.

Irakli
05-22-2011, 09:26 AM
EJ
Thanks, it was auxiliary node ;)
ginodauri
It wont select if auxiliary nodes are hidden. I already tried to select it with select command.

ginodauri
05-22-2011, 10:02 AM
EJ
Thanks, it was auxiliary node ;)
ginodauri
It wont select if auxiliary nodes are hidden. I already tried to select it with select command.

It is working for me.
In hypergraph show auxiliary nodes is off.
Then i create bookmark and run command"
select "*hyperLayout*"
And AE opens node hyperLayout1.

CGTalk Moderation
05-22-2011, 10:02 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.