PDA

View Full Version : How to render particles reflection on an object

Tekkwar
05-21-2011, 05:16 PM
Hey guys,

using 3ds max 2010, pflow and VRay 1.5 I have an urgent question:

I want to do a remake of that Back to the future thing, when the car speeds up and there are these crazy particles streaming along the car from the front to the rear end....

I started on animating my car, rendering everything out, next step I imported the camera into a new scene, worked out the particle system which could be rendered now as well... one of my major concerns is, how can I get the reflections of the particles on the car body?
I would say, set the car body as a matte object with an alpha contribution of -1 in the VRay properties and set everything invisible to camera - and then?? Somehow I am little stuck since this is one of my first tries with pflow :P
If I render my particles now, I would just get the particles which are not hidden by the car body, but when I composite everything later with After Effects, I would really like the reflections of these particles on my shiny green car hood as well.... any ideas on how to continue from her?

Thanks for any useful hnts,
greetz

Tobi

**Edit: Since I used to work with VRay only, it never came to my thoughts that there should be some kind of Matte Material in MentalRay as well... stupid me :P so really not worth answering **

CGTalk Moderation
05-21-2011, 05:16 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.