PDA

View Full Version : Trouble changing 3DS Max system and user paths...

Deathbliss
05-21-2011, 04:23 AM
I'm at the end of my rope here.... I'm using 3DS Max 9 SP2 and I can't get it to keep the paths where I want them. It keeps building something on Local settings and reverting from that to another folder on My Documents. I want EVERYTHING contained in the 3DS Max install folder. I have changed the settings inside the program itself, changed the ini file, but it still refuses to use my chosen settings.

Is there a way to solve this, or failing that, could I get a comprehensive listing of where each and every path setting is stored so I can change it that way?

Appreciate the help! I know this would be more appropriate at the Autodesk forums, but since I was a member here I figured other experienced people would have figured this out and could help me.

Thanks again!
- Deathbliss

Deathbliss
05-22-2011, 05:57 AM
For anyone else who wants to know about this, here's a link:
http://area.autodesk.com/forum/autodesk-3ds-max/autodesk-3ds-max--3ds-max-design-2009/how-to-move-3dsmax-2009-32bit--enu-folder-to-another-location63

I guess you have to turn userprofiles off, then Max will work like it always has.
- Deathbliss

CGTalk Moderation
05-22-2011, 05:57 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.