PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions

Maskimus
05-20-2011, 09:41 AM
Please post any items for speed modelling or concept suggestions for future topics.

Concept suggestions should include an Image, and the name of the artist (for credit)

Example post:

Items
horse shoe
cannon
cowboy hat
Rpg missile
fan

Concept Art
Sky Destroyer by Mike Doscher (http://mikedoscher.blogspot.com/)

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_mnWnLSoKha4/RqT23F3cKZI/AAAAAAAAADI/yVrhHHhJIgI/s1600/Sky_Destroyer_Concept_by_Ma.jpg

whom
05-20-2011, 11:20 AM
ohh you mean concept art in the same speed session that we do? If so I really like that idea.... better to have it compiled into the same thread.
Very good.
May I suggest if monthly that there are many items for each session...... Not less than 20 perhaps....

Maskimus
05-20-2011, 11:32 AM
ohh you mean concept art in the same speed session that we do? If so I really like that idea.... better to have it compiled into the same thread.
Very good.
May I suggest if monthly that there are many items for each session...... Not less than 20 perhaps....

well i was thinking a separate thread would best but if you prefer it in one post then thats fine, the example post was to show how people can submit their ideas, they do not need to include a concept piece with items, or vice versa, its purely up to them as a way to contribute their ideas into the SMC and concept sessions.

i was thinking around 15 items for future topics.

here is my submission :

Items
Teddy bear
RC Car
street dumpster
Wheelie bin
Wrench tool
Jerry Can

Concept
Tank by Eric Lloyd Brown - http://ericlloydbrown.blogspot.com/

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_ZC10_tZHcO0/TLieRdIHILI/AAAAAAAAAN8/GxUwGjxX3HA/s1600/Picture+1.png

let me know what you think

whom
05-21-2011, 08:20 AM
I think it is perhaps better that you just start a Concept thread and we will see what happens. We have tried discussions in here before and it is hard to get to any kind of result unless you just do it.
Maybe you and me should just e-mail eachother and get together on topics for future sessions? I disabled the pm service a long time ago so I rather prefer e-mail, let me know what you think.

Maskimus
05-21-2011, 10:31 AM
I think it is perhaps better that you just start a Concept thread and we will see what happens. We have tried discussions in here before and it is hard to get to any kind of result unless you just do it.
Maybe you and me should just e-mail eachother and get together on topics for future sessions? I disabled the pm service a long time ago so I rather prefer e-mail, let me know what you think.
your right, ill just post this one now and we will see how its goes, and hopefully get some submissions in time for another concept session.
for now iv left the date off, as i think defining a date puts people off trying, when the date is coming to and end or after the deadline.

Email is fine with me :thumbsup:

whom
05-22-2011, 08:06 AM
Oh my I didn't realize the e-mail service was shut off per automatic, lol. :blush:
Well I have only been around in these parts since 2003 lmao and didn't realize until now, hilarious.

Well anyway, I got e-mail enabled now so you can send me an e-mail Maskimus, I tried to send to you but yours was disabled too. Good job on the activity btw, let's try it like that.

gyarados
05-28-2011, 11:53 PM
I noticed that most of the people that participate in the speed modeling challenge are beginners, like myself, and so I like this idea of having fewer choice of items to model from i think if more people did the same objects we can see more clearly the ways in which other people have approached modeling. i think this helps me to learn anyway.

I also like the idea of having concept art which everyone can try model as a bigger projeckt.

whom
05-29-2011, 07:07 AM
I don't wanna be an authority kind of person in here, that's not who I am but the idea of having more items to choose from gives you more activity in the thread. If there are too few objects (items) there will be zero activity, just personally I would like to have a long list to choose from.
It is better to do simple objects than to not do any modeling at all. Complicated models with a time limit is very complicated and you gotta be a very experienced modeller to make that work, that's what I believe anyway....

Perhaps we could start to add older lists to each activity and then everyone can choose older items and then add those models to the current smc topic, could be an idea if I think about it. Well lol, think out loud I guess....

Maskimus, do you wanna do the next speed (smc) session? That way we can try some of your ideas.
I could give you some of the items that I already have if you want.....

Maskimus
05-29-2011, 11:29 AM
I don't wanna be an authority kind of person in here, that's not who I am but the idea of having more items to choose from gives you more activity in the thread. If there are too few objects (items) there will be zero activity, just personally I would like to have a long list to choose from.
It is better to do simple objects than to not do any modeling at all. Complicated models with a time limit is very complicated and you gotta be a very experienced modeller to make that work, that's what I believe anyway....

Perhaps we could start to add older lists to each activity and then everyone can choose older items and then add those models to the current smc topic, could be an idea if I think about it. Well lol, think out loud I guess....

Maskimus, do you wanna do the next speed (smc) session? That way we can try some of your ideas.
I could give you some of the items that I already have if you want.....

continue with your list for now, as i haven't had time to put a list together.

As the concept challenge isn't generating enough interest and people aren't as interested as they used to be, i was considering setting up another challenge which would run in between the main smc session, a kind of reference challenge with 3-5 object reference's (as new people like the whole idea of checking each others wire's and improving).

for example with the current smc project if you said model a shoe, you would get many varient's of different types of shoes, but if you gave an image of the specific shoe, people would be'able to relate more as they would all be working on the same model. its kind of like a cross between concept and smc.

also, for some reason i haven't received that email you sent, and i have email from members enabled :S

whom
05-30-2011, 06:14 PM
That sounds really good to me that object reference challenge, very interesting.
Let's try it out. :)

Have you been trying to e-mail me? Very strange, seems to me that the e-mail contact form isn't working that well.....
ok I will enable pm service again then, at least for a while.
Thing is I am gettin piled with exams right now and will be very busy til 10th of June, so I might be delayed with posting the list.
Anyway, I will try the pm just gonna enable it again. :bounce:

whom
05-30-2011, 06:24 PM
Maskimus, pm sent, I gotta run again. :)

whom
06-03-2011, 09:07 AM
Maskimus, would it kill you to get back to me?
I hoped that you would've got back to me since I will be pretty crowded with things these next two weeks, I posted this next speed model session (summer activity) now so that I would be sure that it would be up.
Maybe something could me be made for the next activity then?

Maskimus
06-03-2011, 09:19 AM
Maskimus, would it kill you to get back to me?
I hoped that you would've got back to me since I will be pretty crowded with things these next two weeks, I posted this next speed model session (summer activity) now so that I would be sure that it would be up.
Maybe something could me be made for the next activity then?
sorry, didn't see any urgency, you told me to post the next topic on the 10th.

This is the list I have this far, let me know what to add. Also if you could post it this month I would really appreciate it. It would be from the 10th or somewhere around that time. The list for June this far:

I'll start putting something together for the next, and send it over to you.

joel96
06-09-2011, 03:20 AM
I'd really like to see video streams of people modeling. I'm inexperienced in the field, so it would be a great resource for me. Might help prevent a lot of the same questions from being asked repeatedly. I use livestream procaster, which is free, and it doesn't make that big of a bandwidth hit. It's usually less than .60mbps with the settings I have.

whom
06-09-2011, 07:52 AM
Maskimus, it's ok you know I just wanted to make sure that the activity is up, that's all (not that I have any obligation what so ever to keep it going though, however a forum is its users and members so a forum should be considering that it is a priviliege both ways actually)
Anyway....
You have free hands for the next one so make the speed session the way you seem fit. :beer:

whom
08-03-2011, 03:20 PM
Maskimus, are you on it?

CGTalk Moderation
08-03-2011, 03:20 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.