PDA

View Full Version : Large sky background...

ThreeDBFX
10-25-2003, 09:47 PM
Hey Guys and Gals,

I'm trying to composite a scene now...still learning DF.

I have all my foreground elements composited, no problem, however the problem arises when I try to composite my foreground over the background. This is what I'm doing.

My background is a photograph of the sky. I want the background to be bigger than 720X486 (my output size) so I can slowly move the sky to give the appearance that the clouds are moving. When I merge the foreground over the large background...the foreground gets reall small and centers over the background. It seems like the size of my output conforms to the larger size of the background image. Does that make sense?

Can anyone help?

Thanks.

Here is a screen grab of what is happening when I merge the foreground over the background photo.

http://www.burnsfx.com/renders/DF_Problem.jpg

ThreeDBFX
10-25-2003, 10:02 PM
OK Gang,

I might have just answered my own question...so I appologize for the inconvenience. If there are other ways still, please let me know.

What I did was, I added a Background node to the flow, then connected the sky loader to the background node...then merged the background node to the foreground....all seems to work fine now.

Once again, sorry for the inconvenience. However, If I'm still doing something wrong, please let me know.

Thanks

RealThing
10-26-2003, 04:46 AM
Yeah a merge get it's size from it's background input. You could have also used a resize node or a crop node to adjust the size of the background before the merge.

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 12:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.