PDA

View Full Version : offset start frame

ddeath
05-18-2011, 10:43 AM
Hi, I had this sequence where a hose shoots out water with terrain and all that. However, I did not want the water to be release on the first frame, it will be release on the 100th frame instead. When I key 100 in the 'start frame' option, dopnet node on obj level and I also try keying 100 in the 'creation frame' option, rbdobject node inside dopnet, it did not work. Everything in the viewport vanish when I play the sequence. Can anybody help me with this?

Thank you.

rjw
05-19-2011, 03:55 PM
You shouldn't need to keyframe the Start Frame parameter in the Simulation Tab, on the top level DOP Network node.

Remove the animation (Right Mouse on Parm and choose Delete Channels option) then just type in the value you want. This works for me on a simple test flip fluid.

The animation channel may have a value greater than 0 somewhere before your start frame. Since you can only have a single global start frame on your sim, don't add a keyframed channel.

CGTalk Moderation
05-19-2011, 03:55 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.