PDA

View Full Version : THOR :: Production Focus

PaulHellard
05-18-2011, 06:14 AM
Hey there,

A whole bunch of studios dug into work for Thor, bringing a super story with a cool collection of great VFX. Several studios specialized in their own best work. Giant Studios, Digital Domain, Gentle Giant and several others showed their work to CGSociety.

http://features.cgsociety.org//images/plugs/feature/thor_plug.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/story.php?story_id=6238)

TyroneMaddams
05-18-2011, 05:06 PM
Awesome movie,

Thor does indeed rule

Excellent work to all the guys and girls on this film :beer:

- Ty

gauta
05-18-2011, 08:07 PM
it was so fun working on this! :) hope everyone enjoyed it.

byvfx
05-18-2011, 08:09 PM
a fun fact about what was used in a FX standpoint.
i worked on the earth bound Bifrost. 3dsmax,FumeFX, and Thinking Particles were used in creating this. just incase anyone was wondering.

DontBlinkx182x
05-18-2011, 08:51 PM
Thank you guys soo much for your fantastic work on Thor! From a CG artists and comic book geek standpoint I loved every bit of Asgard and the Frost Giants. The Destroyer was amazing and the FX were truly works of art.

Im glad to see 3ds Max in the mix for production as I work in Max everyday at my job here in Florida! Maybe one day Ill be able to join incredible artists like this to create astounding films such as Thor.

Again to all the artists thank you soo much and please keep doing what your doing.

SciFibrow
05-19-2011, 01:32 AM
One of the best films I thor this year

evolucian
05-19-2011, 07:13 PM
good popcorn flick and perfect for a summer movie. its not too deep and never takes itself extremely seriously. The CG was spot on, loved the environment work.

Flunky3D
05-20-2011, 12:30 AM
looks damn fine :D
Still need to see the movie myself do, hope to check it out very soon!
But in advance, job well done :buttrock:

vinnypolston
05-20-2011, 11:07 PM
I saw the movie once last week, and going to see it again tonight - The visual effects in it were outstanding! Thanks for the article.

CGOutcast
05-23-2011, 10:34 PM
To all who worked on this film, KUDOS! Fun movie with great fx, seen it twice since its release :)

CGTalk Moderation
05-23-2011, 10:34 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.