PDA

View Full Version : Critique my Run & Walk animation (Maya)

digital-bobert
10-25-2003, 04:01 PM
Hey everyone! alright here's another assignment that I'm working on.

Assignment: make a walk cycle

I decided that a walk cycle would probably be a little too dull to have it included on my demo reel so I thought I'd do a run cycle that goes into a walk and back into a run.

The idea is to have the person running, see a cop (or a "no running" sign) and slow down to a walk. Once he walks past he turns his head to look back at the cop, turns forward again and continues running.

I was thinking i'd aim his head at a locator and move the locator around to control his head but as soon as I did so, my whole animation got all screwy. I think it was cuz I have an animation clip in the trax editor to control the character's body and when I added the locator to control the head of the character, it somehow conflicted with the animation clip in the trax editor.

ANY IDEAS HOW TO FIX THIS? OR ANY IDEAS ON HOW TO CONTROL HIS HEAD?

Anyhow, thanks for reading.... and hope to here lots O feedback
here's the first draft.... please feel free to tare it up! thx! ;) (the head is not animated yet)

RUN n WALK (1.26mb avi) (http://www.artofbob.com/images/run_n_walk.avi)

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 12:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.