PDA

View Full Version : i got a major problem with painter 8

MindShell
10-25-2003, 03:35 PM
i get streaks after i save the file

image is normal ... save ... close ... open image with streaks ...

anyone help me out please this is really bad ... :hmm: :annoyed:

http://members.rogers.com/slav1/problem.jpg

Jinbrown
10-25-2003, 09:08 PM
Hi,

Looks like you have a corrupted RIFF file.

I don't know if this will work, but it's worth a try:

If you did the painting all in one session, see if you can find the script recorded during that session and play it back.

Before doing that, though, go to the following folder and delete the Pre-built Brush File:

Corel > Corel Painter 8 > Brushes

Then reboot and open Painter but don't open any other programs.

In the Scripts palette, there's a drop down list of dated scripts. Highlight the one you think might be the right one and click the Play icon (second icon from the left) at the bottom of the Scripts palette.

When the script gets to the part just before you save, stop it by clicking the Stop icon (first icon on the left) at the bottom of the Scripts palette.

Use File > Save As (not File > Save) and save it as an Uncompressed RIFF (check the Uncompressed box when saving), to a different folder using a different file name. Make sure the file name is not long.

Good luck! :)

MindShell
10-25-2003, 11:19 PM
i got rid of that file but i dont understnad what you mean by playing back scripts i dont want to play anything i just want to finish this pic :-\

its my 1st painter pic and i really dont want to loose it :)

thnx for the adivce thus far but can you explain what you mend by the last part where you said to try to play the script back?

and the script i tried to play was anry's angel script /// he has some koi brushes i think they are either custom or native to painter 7 since that's what he uses either way that is my input hoep this makes things easier to replay. :)

Lunatique
10-30-2003, 02:29 AM
It's a well-known fact that RIFF files corrupt easily, that's why always save in PSD.

donseeg
10-30-2003, 07:04 AM
There will be a new Painter update available sometime the first of the month. Should help.

Don

MindShell
10-30-2003, 04:18 PM
i saved as an uncompressed riff and deleted the brush file and it fixed the problem i think it happened when painter tried to compress the pallet into the riff but i dont know all i know is that it doesnt happen when its saved as an uncompressed riff. htnx guys

Jinbrown
10-30-2003, 04:49 PM
Hi,

Painter records whatever you do during a session. If you're lucky, you can choose that dated script (the script name is the date and time it was recorded), play it back, and retrieve your image.

Usually when a file is corrupted, or Painter crashes, this doesn't work but it does sometimes work and it's worth a try.

Saving to PSD only works if you have no Painter specific information in the image. Otherwise, that information is lost. This is fine, too, if you're finished working on the image and Painter specific information is not needed any more.

Painter specific information, for instance, would be Water Color Layers still wet and useable, Liquid Ink Layers still dynamic and adjustable, Dynamic Plugin Layers, and other information unique to Painter that PSD format can't support.

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 12:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.