PDA

View Full Version : Wha???

otuama
05-15-2011, 10:08 PM
Hi.

I have a problem....

I just tried to load the expression editor and had an error, even after restarting Maya This is all I can remember because I'm not getting it now.

if(`about -mac`)

It then went on to say that it couldn't find the expression editor.

I haven't restarted my pc for a few weeks (I've been using standby) so I restarted my pc.

However, now Maya won't run a script I'm writing. It loads the UI but has an error when creating something.

I'm getting this error:

// Error: if (`about -evalVersion`) {
//
// Error: "C:/Program Files/Autodesk/Maya2012/scripts/others/performDynamics.mel" line 1754.28: Wrong number of arguments on call to about. //

// Error: file: C:/Users/ME/Documents/maya/2010-x64/2012-x64/scripts/twisterTool.mel line 1408: No object matches name: volumeAxisField1 //

Any ideas?

otuama
05-15-2011, 10:19 PM
The problem line seems to be createCurveField; . I've not had this problem before.

I've tried sourcing createCurveField.mel but that hasn't helped.

otuama
05-15-2011, 10:57 PM
Figured it out.

For the 'about' part of my script I created a procedure called about(). About() I think is the same proc Maya calls when someone clicks on Help>About Maya.

Maya must have had it still stored in memory, so it worked before I restarted.

Not sure why the expression editor wouldn't load though.

The error has actually helped me in a way cos I've found a possible problem which'll stop the script if 'Interactive Creation' is turned on.

Need to turn that off when the script is run, oh joy.

NaughtyNathan
05-16-2011, 09:36 AM
I was just about to post that you'd created a new proc called "about" when I read your third post! :D
But it's good practice to avoid naming your global procs with such simple generic names, as they will cause clashes. As an additional safety measure, you can always check your names against existing command/function names by doing a whatIs on it. If you'd typed:
whatIs "about";
before you created your proc Maya could have told you "about" was the name of an existing command, function or script.

:nathaN

otuama
05-16-2011, 09:45 AM
Now try this one (http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?f=89&t=979938).

CGTalk Moderation
05-16-2011, 09:45 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.