PDA

View Full Version : ICE tree values don't get displayed

Pancho
05-14-2011, 09:13 AM
This happened before on another ICE tree. It's absolutely horrible as I can't really debug my ICE tree by making vectors or numerics visible.

Is there a general reason for this problem? Some simple ICE trees on other objects in the same file get evaluated in the way that they are able to display values. So it seems to be ICE tree specific and not some display setting which got screwed up.

Thanks for any help!

xsisupport
05-14-2011, 11:43 AM
Hard to say what the problem is without seeing your ICE trees.

It could be a problem with your tree. I would going upstream, showing values, and try to determine where things stop working.

Unless this is the per-component on a subdivided mesh thing. From the docs:

Per-component attributes cannot be displayed on polygon meshes that are subdivided using the geometry approximation method, unless polymesh hulls are visible.

dwigfor
05-14-2011, 03:01 PM
Is the value you are trying to display connected into ICE Tree (is it actually being evaluated?)

Is the object containing ICE Tree not hidden (h shortcut)?

Is it non sim and you're not on first frame?

Pancho
05-16-2011, 07:03 AM
Thanks for the help! The mesh was subdivided. And at another point it was hidden (the ICE tree holder). Thanks again!

CGTalk Moderation
05-16-2011, 07:03 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.