PDA

View Full Version : Save/freeze particle state?

pete
05-12-2011, 01:33 AM
Hi there,
I'm using PFlow to scatter trees for a scene but I only really need PFlow for the initial placement of the particles, is there a way to freeze or save the initial state so it only has to calculate once? Instead of calculating the whole lot all of the time?

Thanks
Pete

JohnnyRandom
05-12-2011, 03:37 AM
Maybe bake frame 0 (or 1 or whatever your initial frame is) of the system with a bake script or a mesh cacher. I suppose disk cache could work as well.

Since it is all static though I think baking would be best, simply for the fact you will be completely disabling the particle system when your finished with the bake.

pete
05-12-2011, 04:10 AM
Yeah looks like I'm going to have to bake it out. The cache node seems to be pretty basic and im pretty sure it wont be capable of much.

Thanks dude

takhachhe
05-14-2011, 08:16 AM
yeah If u want just the intial state of particle system then u can use initial state in pflow.. there is a new tool from max 2010 .. or pflow toolbox 1..

u can get an initial state of praticle system from any frame.. for that u just need to switch off the radio button from speed in initial state parameter.

CGTalk Moderation
05-14-2011, 08:16 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.