PDA

View Full Version : hello :) check out my roman legionaire.

chlywly
06-05-2002, 06:45 PM
www.the-elemental.net

A dungeon seige, mod that we are working on, here is my low poly roman legionaire, the first movie shows him off at 1,100 polys or so and the second one has more polys in shoulder joints etc for animation purposes the second one is about 1,245 polys or so.

Anyways if anyone is interested in helping us out :) we need modelers/(texturerers)/(animators).

www.rickna.com/northpole/chly_roman_legionaire.avi
www.rickna.com/northpole/chly_roman_legionaire_higherdef.avi

These require divx 5.01 or later (www.divx.com)

feid
06-06-2002, 07:07 AM
WAH man....

Your model rocks...you did a great job.. :thumbsup:

cant wait to see it textured and animated..

hope to see a update soon..

cya

*sorry if my english s***!!!

bentllama
06-06-2002, 08:07 AM
you have modelled his armor...are you going to model his greaves too [shin armor] ???

the only thing i see missing are greaves... and a possible plume to denote rank and authority...

RDK
06-06-2002, 03:04 PM
nicely done but I think he needs some armor on his legs or those shoes they wore in those days that would come up almost knee hight

Gamoron
06-06-2002, 04:36 PM
I think it's great. I'm working on my first low poly model, and finding it tougher then I thought. trying to keep it lower then 1000 faces. I'm working with max and modelled it from a box. Do you recommend Spline modelling instead? Or did you box model?

chlywly
06-06-2002, 09:10 PM
actuall guys im kinda on a poly limit, I wish I could make more armor, but thos romans didnt wear any leg / foot armor usually, only sandels, which will be textured only......
I modeled all of the armor I could and its very detailed, :( I wish I could do more, I'm going to start mapping coordinates soon, then animate :) i'll keep ya updated, thanks for the comments.

Actually this guy isnt going to have a plume, hes a regular legionaire warrior :) he's got no authority hehe, greeves, nah he cant afford them :) but good idea.

chlywly
06-06-2002, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by Gamoron
I think it's great. I'm working on my first low poly model, and finding it tougher then I thought. trying to keep it lower then 1000 faces. I'm working with max and modelled it from a box. Do you recommend Spline modelling instead? Or did you box model?

Truthfuly try both methods and see how you feel, personaly I find box modeling to be superior, but its all in taste...
I can work very quickly from a box...... Subdeviding and adding edges as I go.

Try wings 3d, you can find it on a search engine, freeware program that is sorta like nendo, great modeler you'll love it :)

Gamoron
06-07-2002, 03:00 PM
Thanks a lot for the info. i'll check it out, and keep working with the box for a few more days and see how it goes.

chlywly
06-07-2002, 03:26 PM
here is the map im going to be painting, kinda segmented but hes got a lot of small peices for detail. :bounce:

Stiles
06-14-2002, 01:11 PM
Mate, how do you do that with low poly models? I still can't figure out how to get a mesh to flatten out like that so I can paint textures in photoshop. I know how it work just I don't know how to do it. I use max 4 atm can I do it in there somehow? im a newbie in case u haven't already guessed

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 07:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.