PDA

View Full Version : feedback needed please

tdavis
05-11-2011, 02:10 PM
I've recently completed my final year project for my degree in Media Production. Below is the link to website currently hosting my videos created in after effects as well as a short survey on the finished product.

I would greatly appreciate it if you could watch the videos and complete the survey. Link to the critical reflection survey is on the left hand side of the home page at the bottom. This would help a lot as need to write a 5000 word critical reflection and part of that is what the audience thinks.

http://www.wix.com/tdavis90/senseofemotion

Thanks again
Tara

mradfo21
05-11-2011, 07:41 PM
I'm going to be blunt. these are not good. i'm sorry that must sound harsh.

I'll try and be more specific:

1. they are very long.
2. the ken burns effect is quite boring - your just zooming in on a still.
3. never used fractals by themselves.. that hasn't looked cool since the early 80s.
4. don't add particle effects from after effects. Trying out the trapocode products can help you get started if your interested in that direction.
5. The messages here we're in no way clear. thinking of a metaphoric explanation doesn't help.
6. website is.. not fun to use at all..

my question is this: do YOU like these videos?

I'm sorry if this is too blunt or harsh, but lets talk about it !

Heres a link to my school work (the demo reel is a bit old and has some professional work so dont look at that). I think you could easily do better than me! I was into weird metaphor vidoes based around sound too..

http://mattradford.com/ (gotta update this thing..)

robberthesp
05-12-2011, 08:47 AM
Hi,
I must agree with the post above.
It feels like the creativity was limited by the standard plugins of After effects and fractals and what not.
There are still glitches in zooms etc so it looks like a rough version here and there.
First things is to ask yourself : Is it done? Is it technically flawless? Was the initial concept realized or did it lose its focus along the production? What would I change if I had all the time in the world? Would I hire somebody that had this on his portfolio?

Just some food for your brain ;)

tdavis
05-22-2011, 02:44 PM
Thanks for the feedback, I have to say I'm not happy with the work and think stuff I've done before was much better. Though I guess that could be a biased opinion. This is a piece I've previously created, just wondering if you could give me any thoughts on it. http://exposureroom.com/members/tdavis/0d2ada66f3a548ff9eef5d3022d88c33/

mradfo21
05-22-2011, 04:20 PM
Well I watched it. I think I need some more contextual information about YOU. What is your intention with your multimedia projects? A job? TV? Film?

tdavis
05-22-2011, 05:12 PM
Well at the moment my intentions are to pass my degree. Currently all the work I've created has been to a set uni criteria. I'm not 100% sure what I want to do after uni.

mradfo21
05-22-2011, 05:31 PM
um.. this might sound weird.. but let me ask one last question:

Age Group:
A: 15-18
B: 19-21
C: 22-30

Sorry - I want to give you some good feedback i think i just need a bit more context.

tdavis
05-25-2011, 05:30 AM
I'm 20, 19 when I made the last piece above.

CGTalk Moderation
05-25-2011, 05:30 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.