PDA

View Full Version : Autodesk 123D freeware for creators.

Bullit
05-11-2011, 12:55 PM
3D Modeler/maker for 3D printers etc...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COyKpjKwBHs

Autodesk President and CEO Carl Bass joined Wired editor-in-chief Chris Anderson for a conversation about "The New Industrial Revolution" on May 3, 2011, at the Wired Business Conference in New York City. Bass announced that Autodesk plans to address the Maker Movement with a new free 3D modeling application coming out later this month called Autodesk 123D that allows individuals to create things in 3D. Bass also described some key partners that will help students, hobbyists or entrepreneurs get their designs made.

Hoja
05-11-2011, 09:35 PM
In the later years of the 20th centuries all the huge Chemical Plants along the river Rhine
built biological sewage works which even go far beyond what Law dictates.
Sure enough it was also them who since the 1950th did their best to kill all signs of life in the water with their liquid waste. Why only do I have to think of that right now?

SheepFactory
05-11-2011, 10:17 PM
So its the new gmax?

JakeJK
05-12-2011, 12:28 AM
So its the new gmax?

Oh, the memories.. Nostalgia. :)

eikonoklastes
05-12-2011, 07:06 AM
Can't wait for this. The 'Print Your Own Sandwich' feature has me the most excited.

tonytrout
05-12-2011, 10:42 AM
Makes a good point about a revolution in user manufacturing facilities

ngrava
05-13-2011, 08:27 AM
Finally! I can make lots and lots of boobies!

Bullit
05-13-2011, 03:36 PM
Please no more "flotation devices"...

BUZZFX
05-13-2011, 06:27 PM
So many thoughts come to mind after watching this video. Sorry I'm feeling very cynical.

Now everyone can create products we don't need to impress people we don't like to fill landfills we don't have.

Note to Self: Invest in landfill stocks. And maybe cardboard stocks too.

Maybe Autodesk should try inventing software that will eliminate some of the junk we already can't get rid of. Oh no I just gave them another software idea...

Off to wall mart, costco (insert megamart of your choice here). I heard there's a sale on bottles of laundry detergent. 18 bottles for the low price of....

Looks like Blender (http://www.blender.org) has finally caught the eye of Autodesk.

Have a good day! :)

pg

Bullit
05-14-2011, 03:02 PM
That's not cynical. It is another word...let's just say it is the urge to interfere with "life of others".

CGTalk Moderation
05-14-2011, 03:02 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.