PDA

View Full Version : Character animation Cycle: Wounded

kvernon
10-24-2003, 10:19 PM
I've got another cycle, this time the guy is wounded in the leg and firing a weapon... I'm at that point where I know something needs to happen, but what? C&Cs please!

New version 10/28/03 http://www.bubba-x.com/dl/wounded.mov
~950 kb sorenson III

DreiGrasheir
10-25-2003, 01:34 AM
...his legs dont even leave the ground, and the second step (injured one) is too fast. try adding more subtle movements in the arms as well.

mudgift
10-26-2003, 07:48 PM
hello ....here's your c & c :
-we dont really understand why he's walking this way if he get hit in the "second step" movement ..and if he was hurt at the beginning, make him be touched elsewhere for the second time ..like in a shoulder or an arm ...
-make him look at he's free hand in search of blood lost, (kinda like; ..POW been it here ...outch ...I'm i really hurt ? )
-like DreiGrasheir said , make legs quit the ground for a moment... have you ever get hurt at a feet or leg ? ..you wanna get as quick as you can on the other leg , creating some quick small "jumps"...just for fun try to put a small rock in your shoe (only one) and walk , you'l understand what I'm talking about ...

continue the great work ...

nullUser
10-27-2003, 10:33 PM
if hes moving forward his back leg seems to drag a bit too much. if your shuffling the forward foot forwards it may not leave the ground much, but the back foot needs some heel lift as he drags it forwards.

if he was shot in the right (front) leg it would be uncommon to lead with that leg while walking, you would probably naturally change your stance to lead with your good leg no? especially when firing a weapon when you are wanting to put most of your wieght on the front leg to maintain a good firing posture.

kvernon
10-28-2003, 01:39 PM
WOW, Thanks everyone for looking! :)

DreiGrasheir: Even with his shuffling, he still seems planted, I completly agree!

silentseed: I'll hunt around for the POW stuff, that sounds really great! I tried adding a hop, but yer right, it's not noticable; I kept it too subtle. The idea with acting it out with a rock in my shoe is a great Idea (although painful, but I guess it's better acting it out that way than ehh... getting shot in the leg? :D )

nullUser: I think the motion is unclear, He was suppose to be walking backwards ~ kind of retreating. I've been getting this quite a bit... I'm going to have to go back to the basics and see what else I can develop for a solution.

kvernon
10-28-2003, 09:01 PM
I've done an update to my wounded character. I've completly removed the gun firing movement.

I've also tried to show a little more in the direction he's moving, added a "hop" to his limp and a little bit of struggling.

http://www.bubba-x.com/dl/wounded.mov
~950 kb sorenson III

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 11:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.