PDA

View Full Version : Can't delete group

Pancho
05-10-2011, 08:48 AM
There's a group called InstanceGroup without any content, but I can't figure out how to delete it. Did I press by accident a key which instanced something which I can't find anymore and still needs this group for some reason? I'm not too familiar with SI, so anything is possible.

Thanks for any help.

Pancho

RebelPixel
05-10-2011, 11:24 AM
Usually you should be able to cancel groups by simply select them and delete, try with right click on it and pick remove group, or delete see if that works.
Can you show an image of that group please?

SreckoM
05-10-2011, 03:20 PM
That is because you instanced that model, XSI makes that group automatically. Even you delete instances that group stays and can not be deleted, in case you make instances of that model again (or whatever reason is). But why it is bother you at first place?

Pancho
05-10-2011, 05:06 PM
I just like it clean and simple. Can't imagine that I did instance anything at all, but otherwise this group wouldn't exist. Is there a way to find instances or how do I see the difference in the explorer between original and instance.

Thanks to you both.

xsisupport
05-10-2011, 06:12 PM
I just like it clean and simple. Can't imagine that I did instance anything at all, but otherwise this group wouldn't exist. Is there a way to find instances or how do I see the difference in the explorer between original and instance.

Thanks to you both.
Maybe you pressed CTRL+I by mistake?

If there were any instances, they would be listed under the InstanceGroup.

Pancho
05-11-2011, 10:59 AM
Thanks very much!

CGTalk Moderation
05-11-2011, 10:59 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.