PDA

View Full Version : Motion Graphics and DF(X+)

marchermann
10-24-2003, 05:32 PM
Hello, everyone,

I have DFX+ (Mods 1,4, LW-deal) and wanted to get started with motion graphics. Whenever I see something interesting motion-graphics-wise on TV I just keep thinking "How?".

Any recommendations where to start? Any tutorials out there? What tools in DFX+ are usually used for motion graphics? Do I have to have additional modules like "paint"?

I would also be interested in examples of motion graphics work done with DF, so that I know what can be done.

Cheers,
Marc

Jayk2k
10-24-2003, 05:53 PM
Hmm.. Where to start...

A lot of motion graphics can be done just by analysing something else, and try to pick apart what is being done, layer by layer.

The most used tools for motion graphics I seem to find myself using, are the text+, particles, DVE's, and sometimes paint.

That being said, you can still do some amazing things just using animated masks, filters, gradient BG tools, text+ and the like.

I believe that there were a few simple techniques I posted on eyeon's site a while back, one on how to do a 3D type DVE grid comes to mind.

Just experiment, and you will see the possibilities.

ghopper
11-22-2003, 01:01 AM
While we're at it, would you say that DFX+ is as good and easy to use for title sequences and motion design as After Effects ( AE ) ?

I'm a complete beginner so I can't really compare AE and DFX+. But I hear/read all the time that AE is used a lot for these kind of things ( titles and motion graphics, e.g. studios like imaginaryforces.com mainly use AE for such work ) and DFX is used more for compositing.

Sorry for my ignorance, but I'm just curious what your view is on this.

thanks

Jayk2k
11-22-2003, 03:48 AM
It's not that it's not possible in DF, DFX+, but I think the general consensus is that it is easier to do in AE.

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 11:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.