PDA

View Full Version : Lineal work flow in Cinema 4d

fco3d
05-05-2011, 07:17 PM
Hello every one,
I'm just starting learning Cinema 4D (moving to a new company) I Max VRay/mental Ray user.
Now I been reading about the new Lineal work flow in Cinema 4D R12 and I got a little confused regarding the gamma.
in Max you need to adjust the gamma in Max properties and if you use VRay in VRay properties, but in Cinema 4D you have several gamma options, Color correction, GI, lineal work flow.
So should I check lineal work flow only and leave the gamma to 1 in the other options or I need to adjust to 2.2 (already tried and it look very washed out.)
I'm using advanced rendering in Cinema 4D.
thanks.

lllab
05-06-2011, 07:09 AM
in cinema it does that internal to a fix gamma 2.2 automatically.
so dont add any extra you have it 2x then

so only add the linear work flow checkbox and linear color profile or srgb in document settings.
internally it is more or less the same LWF as in vray.
you only dont see the settings/values used as they are "hard coded" inside (and can also not adjust), but is easier for beginners to use.
so same concept, only a bit different settings

cheers
stefan

fco3d
05-06-2011, 01:55 PM
thank you very much for your explanation, I got mostly confuse because I been watching some tutorials but they are C4d R11 so they adjust the gamma to 2.2 and stuff.
now in R12 the textured are de-gamma too? or you need to still adjust manually?
thank you very much.

onceI feel more confident in this new job i will try to make them get V-Ray for cinema 4d, I feel more confident with V-Ray work flow, although I'm very well impress with C4d rendering engine.

Per-Anders
05-07-2011, 09:55 PM
With C4D you don't need to do anything other than enable/disable LCW in the document settings. By default it's on, the entire pipeline is handled for you, you don't need to think about it or do any manual compensation at any point once it's on. All you have to do is just work as if you'd never heard of LCW, your output will be correct.

fco3d
05-08-2011, 01:44 AM
:)
OK guy that pretty good information, thank you very much, I'll be around here asking more question while I try to get to know Cinema 4D, but so far seems like a pretty stable software, with a lot of potential, you guys blow me always with your galleries, excellent work, very inspiring. than you again.
thank you.

Fco.

CGTalk Moderation
05-08-2011, 01:44 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.