PDA

View Full Version : TP - controlling particle deformation

TheRispo
05-05-2011, 05:23 PM
Hi everyone, I have a shot where a lot of debris falls from a bridge into a car and I'm doing some tests to try and solve this in Thinking Particles. The main problem I have so far is that , when the debris falls on the car, it deforms the chassis well and good, but also it pushes it down to the ground and when it comes in contact with the ground and tires it kind of "pancakes" it, and that does not look cool.
So, what I'm asking you guys is if there is a way to control the particle group's deformation attributes (maybe whit a b&w map, or something) so I can control where the shape of the particle its more solid (so it deforms just a little) and where the particle shape is weaker (so it deforms more).
Thanks in advance for any insight

Glacierise
05-05-2011, 07:21 PM
Not really, but you can split the model in different groups that have different deformation depth, so the lower it is, the less it deforms.

TheRispo
05-05-2011, 09:50 PM
Hi Hristo, thanks for the response!.. Yeah, probably having different groups will be the way to go. I'll try that.
Thanks again

CGTalk Moderation
05-05-2011, 09:50 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.