PDA

View Full Version : Total Mess in Render Tree in Soft 2012 with Mudbox link

twosheds
05-04-2011, 12:38 AM
As the title suggests, I get a complete mess in the Render Tree when using Softimage 2012 with Mudbox 2012 and using the Mudbox menu command to update textures in Softimage.
I made a thread about this in the Mudbox forum as well, HERE (http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?p=6967570#post6967570) if anyone wants to read the specifics. The short version of it is that every time you update textures, instead of the new textures simply replacing the old textures in the image nodes in the Render Tree, all new duplicate nodes are created and attached, while the older nodes remain in the Render Tree but are detached. Obviously this will create quite a mess in short order.

What I'm wondering is if this is a Softimage thing or a Mudbox thing. Is there some setting in Softimage to enable to avoid this? There isn't any option like "Don't Make A Mess Out Of My Render Tree When Updating Textures" in Mudbox. ;)

As I mentioned in that other thread, this doesn't happen with Maya, surprise, surprise...

luisRiera
05-04-2011, 01:06 AM
Have you tried using the "Delete unconnected nodes" from the User Tools in the menu from the render tree (the last one to the right)? You can also rearrange your render tree using shift+R (or is it ctrl+R)

twosheds
05-04-2011, 01:20 AM
Have you tried using the "Delete unconnected nodes" from the User Tools in the menu from the render tree (the last one to the right)? You can also rearrange your render tree using shift+R (or is it ctrl+R)

Well of course I tried that... just now that is.
Oops. Not thinking straight I guess. :hmm:
Yeah, that will fix it, alright. Thanks :D

CGTalk Moderation
05-04-2011, 01:20 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.