PDA

View Full Version : New 3D-Coat Video Training - Voxel Sculpting|Running Shoe

geothefaust
05-03-2011, 08:11 PM
I'm very happy to announce my newest 3D-Coat training video, Voxel Sculpting|Running Shoe! This video is a culmination of months worth of research and exploring (in close communication with the design team at a large shoe design/manufacturing firm) if 3D-Coat can be used in a more design and rapid prototyping environment. Safe to say, I think it is well suited for such a thing. Andrew Shpagin, the developer of 3D-Coat, has added some new functionality to 3D-Coat based on some of my research into this area, which I discuss and demonstrate in this video.

http://javisjones.com/Content/IMG/Products/Vox-RunningShoe-Promo01-sml.jpg (http://javisjones.com/products-services/videotraining/video0018/)

This video series will take you from start to finish in the process of sculpting a shoe with 3D-Coat's various tools and techniques, including voxels, surface mode and even some "kitbashing" with shoe nurnies/greebles. We'll detail an outsole, create shocks, sculpt the body/casing of the shoe, sculpt seams, eyelets (for shoe laces) shoe tongue, and more. We'll use a number of established creation methods in 3D-Coat, as well as a few new ones.

You can read a little more about the video series at the following URL:

http://javisjones.com/products-services/videotraining/video0018/

Please keep posts on topic, thanks. :)

Bullit
05-04-2011, 02:35 AM
Will this techniques be good for car concepts? I need fast local and full deformations, edge and cut lines easy to implement and erase if don't look good.

geothefaust
05-04-2011, 03:40 AM
Hi there!

You definitely could apply the techniques to car design. There is a new tool in 3DC that would allow you to quickly place planes and sculpt, add volume and so on, along said plane, which I think will be great for designing cars and other such things. Over time as more tools focus on not just sculpting and more for designing, 3DC will become much easier to use for design. Also there will be in the next build, a free form cage (deformer) which you can use to such thing as well, that I didn't get to show in this video.

Whatismore, if you have any existing car assets you could use those for merging into 3DC or for use as primitives.

kiaran
05-04-2011, 07:09 AM
Javis - Your 3d-coat tutorials are great. I just finished my first model in this package and I'm very impressed with it. Auto-retopo is absolute life-saver.

I'll be checking out this latest tutorial tmrw.

Bullit
05-05-2011, 08:17 AM
You definitely could apply the techniques to car design. There is a new tool in 3DC that would allow you to quickly place planes and sculpt, add volume and so on, along said plane, which I think will be great for designing cars and other such things. Over time as more tools focus on not just sculpting and more for designing, 3DC will become much easier to use for design. Also there will be in the next build, a free form cage (deformer) which you can use to such thing as well, that I didn't get to show in this video.

Thanks for that.
In presentation video you show strengthening a bevel, is it possible to make a precise dimensioned bevel with it? i set the bevel to 1 cm and the brush does it to any bevel/edge it encounters.

geothefaust
05-05-2011, 10:31 PM
Javis - Your 3d-coat tutorials are great. I just finished my first model in this package and I'm very impressed with it. Auto-retopo is absolute life-saver.

I'll be checking out this latest tutorial tmrw.

Hey mate! Thanks! I'm really glad you like them and found them useful. :) I love auto-retopo too, it's a great feature for a good number of things. Especially when time doesn't allow for much in modeling.

geothefaust
05-05-2011, 10:32 PM
Thanks for that.
In presentation video you show strengthening a bevel, is it possible to make a precise dimensioned bevel with it? i set the bevel to 1 cm and the brush does it to any bevel/edge it encounters.

Hi!

Unfortunately at the moment, there are no utterly cool precision sculpting tools like that in 3DC - Yet. I know that over time we'll be adding more precision sculpting tools like this. I'll be sure to add this to our list of features. :) (PS - I like that idea, thanks!)

CGTalk Moderation
05-05-2011, 10:33 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.