PDA

View Full Version : hyperPanel error?

greatPumpkin
05-03-2011, 04:14 PM
Hey guys,

So I'm trying to use hyperPanel to graph reference nodes only on button press in a UI, but I can't seem to get it to work, it seems to work fine when passing in DAG types like lights or meshes, but if I pass it a reference it errors out?

I suspect I'm not using the correct flags in my hyperGraph command but I'm not immediately sure what I'm missing..

string $filter = `itemFilter -byType reference `;

string $win = `window`;
frameLayout -lv 0;
string $hp = `hyperPanel -l "test"`;
string $graph = `hyperPanel -q -he $hp`;
hyperGraph -e -filter $filter $graph;
setParent..;
showWindow;

Laz
05-04-2011, 11:18 AM
Hey mate,

I dont believe you can do it with the byType flag, as the nodeType of a referenced transform is still a transform.

You could use byScript easy enough though:

global proc int isReference(string $name)
{
return `referenceQuery -isNodeReferenced $name`;
}

string $filter = `itemFilter -byScript "isReference"`;
string $win = `window`;
frameLayout -lv 0;
string $hp = `hyperPanel -l "test"`;
string $graph = `hyperPanel -q -he $hp`;
hyperGraph -e -filter $filter $graph;
setParent..;
showWindow $win;

greatPumpkin
05-04-2011, 05:36 PM
hey thx for the reply,

actually -type reference is what i want. I'm not trying to graph nodes that are referenced, I'm trying to graph node types of 'reference' i.e. the actual RN nodes that come in to the scene with file refernces.

At any rate, I think I'm sorted now, I had to add the items I want to the hyperPanel one at a time using the -adn flag or something similar in addition to filtering the type displayed.

Laz
05-04-2011, 11:23 PM
Ah, well that makes sense! Good to hear you solved it.

CGTalk Moderation
05-04-2011, 11:23 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.