PDA

View Full Version : Question about Compose

Swissphil
10-24-2003, 07:57 AM
I'm a bit confused about how to work with clips

I've created a clip (a pose). I'm able to save and apply this clip without a problem.

Now, lets say I apply this on frame 10 to my character. I skip forward a couple of frames. Now, when I want to move or rotate any of the bones or nulls contained in the applied pose (or group to be excact) it just doesn't move. The values in the edit sphere change, but I get no visual feedback.

Can anybody point me to what I'm doing wrong? I'm working on illustrations for our Jiu Juitsu club :wip: and if I could work with poses, it would definitly speed up things :)

Using Messiah:Studio 1.5a

Thanks for any help
Phil

lmilton
10-29-2003, 07:51 AM
Sorry I missed this post. Were you able to work out the problem?

-lyle

Swissphil
10-29-2003, 08:40 AM
somehow yes. I guess the program just works different than I expected.

To continue with an animation of the caracter after or in a clipinstance on the track, I have to reduce the value in the mix field of the track or group to 0. Is this correct?

Without this, I'm still not able ot animate a bone or null contained in the clip

If I want to tweak the animation of a clip, I have to do this in the clip itself (and therefore change all instances of this clip)

thanks for your support

Phil

lmilton
10-30-2003, 02:11 AM
Originally posted by Swissphil
somehow yes. I guess the program just works different than I expected.

To continue with an animation of the caracter after or in a clipinstance on the track, I have to reduce the value in the mix field of the track or group to 0. Is this correct?

Without this, I'm still not able ot animate a bone or null contained in the clip

That's correct. Alternatively, depending on how you've created the clip, you could set the instance to Additive (+). Then your modifications can be treated as another "layer". Of course, this all depends on how you like to animate.

If I want to tweak the animation of a clip, I have to do this in the clip itself (and therefore change all instances of this clip)

That's a feature;}) That's part of the power of the system.

-lyle

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 12:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.