PDA

View Full Version : Mirror bones in 3ds max

JHarford
04-30-2011, 04:10 PM
Sorry for not reading through all threads first, but I'm in need of the information quite quickly. I hope you can help.

I have a left wing bone setup for a bird, and I need to mirror it to the other side.
I've tried using mirror bones tool but the axis is not mirrored correctly. So the z is correct but x and y never are.
I haven't done a whole lot of rigging before, this seems fundamental so I hope there is a good solution. Thanks

Once the wing is mirrored, and I animate one side, what is the best way to mirror that animation to the other side ?

thanks again

Joe

scrimski
04-30-2011, 04:27 PM
I've tried using mirror bones tool but the axis is not mirrored correctly. So the z is correct but x and y never are.World or local space?

Once the wing is mirrored, and I animate one side, what is the best way to mirror that animation to the other side ?Wiring parameters or using scripted controllers would be possible.

martinez
05-02-2011, 04:16 PM
A screenshot of your problem would help. The mirror bone tool has always worked for me.

There is no easy way to mirror animation. What I usually do is setup my controllers so that I can animate both sides at the same time.

CGTalk Moderation
05-02-2011, 04:16 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.