PDA

View Full Version : Is there a feasible way to scale up video?

CosmicRage
04-29-2011, 04:34 PM
I am helping a friend with a video and he needs a video scaled up. Its at the point where you can start to tell a bit that the quality is being sacrificed. is there a possible way to scale video up with out sacrificing too much of the quality? I have been messing around a bit with some cameras to see if there is a way you can zoom in, but it is essentially scaling it up. I don't know too much about video but I figured I would ask the board if there is a trick or anything that you can get away with it a bit. Thanks!

Iaenic
04-29-2011, 05:13 PM
There is no way to avoid loss when upscaling video. At best you can do some creative blurring of some of the pixellated areas and then use some filters and masks to resharpen the edges you need, but that generally just makes things worse. It's best to avoid altogether whenever possible.

CosmicRage
04-29-2011, 05:22 PM
Thats kinda what I figured but I thought I would double check and see. Thanks a lot!

CGTalk Moderation
04-29-2011, 05:22 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.